Thursday, November 9, 2017

Layered Koala Birthday

Hello! I'm back again with yet another birthday card. One more to add to my stash for the upcoming busy birthday months.


This one was created without a specific person in mind. I just love this koala and wanted to use it. Sometimes that's the best place to start when you're looking for inspiration. Find a stamp set or die that inspires you and go from there!

I started this card by stamping out my Koala and then cutting him out. I had a stamped and cut leaf in my little bowl of pre-cut items, so I added that to his hands by adhering it behind the koala. I cut a panel of crumb cake cardstock and then stamped my bamboo background in Versamark ink and heat embossed it in clear powder. I used double-sided tape to adhere it to a white card base. I wanted another piece to make my koala stand out, so I cut a heart from pool party cardstock. I thought it looked a little bland, so I stamped my triangle background stamp on it and then heat embossed in white powder. It makes the perfect backdrop for my koala! I stamped my sentiment on black cardstock and then heat embossed with white powder and cut it out with a banner die.

I adhered my heart directly to the card using a glue runner and then adhered my koala and banner using foam tape for a little bit of dimension.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment