Tuesday, March 28, 2017

CASology: Text

Hello and welcome! We have a brand new cue over at CASology for you to play with!


The first thing that came into my mind when I saw this cue was a beautiful script background stamp that emulates the text of a Victorian letter. I sometimes find it hard to keep a card clean and simple while using a background stamp, but I've learned a few tricks along the way.


One of the tricks I've learned is to use masking to isolate a portion of the background stamp so that it doesn't overwhelm your design. I used that trick here. I'm going to try to do a step-by-step list for this card. (Just a way to make my writing a little more clear during the creative process!)

1. Cut and fold a card base from white cardstock.
2. I cut a mask for the whole card front using masking paper and a circle die. I positioned the circle where I wanted my stamping to show through.
3. Without adhering the left-over circle piece, I used it as a guide to roughly place where I wanted my butterflies to overlap the text. Then, using my MISTI, I stamped all the layers of my butterflies.
4. I cut masks for both of my butterflies (I didn't want the text to show through their wings where the stamps overlapped). Masked off both butterflies.
5. Using my MISTI as a guide, I placed my card-front mask over the card.
6. I inked up my background stamp and stamped through the mask to create my circle of text.
7. Remove all masks.
8. Stamp the sentiment in black ink.

Easy-peasy! And as a plus, it's a one-layer card! Super great for mailing which is something I'm always looking for!

As always, I can't wait to see how you're inspired by our cue this week! Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. You sure have learned a few tricks, Rachel, and I thank you very much for sharing the steps for this one!! Your card is so very lovely!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel!! Your card is so pretty!! I'm totally blown away by it. The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete