Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #16

Welcome to another amazing challenge from the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge! We have another fun board for you to play with today.



For my card, I chose the middle column - Hexagons, Misting, and Birthday. (With an added bonus of using the photo inspiration for my flower!)


I started by spraying a white card base with a little Gold Lame Color Shine by Heidi Swapp. I knew it would need a little time to dry before I could assemble, so I purposely started out with this part. Next, I stamped my flower and leaf images onto a spare piece of white cardstock and then cut them out with my hexagon dies. I stamped my sentiment onto white paper and heat embossed with gold. I cut it out with some scissors and then arranged my pieces on top of my card base. I used foam adhesive behind each piece to give them some dimension so they would stand out on top of the white card base. I applied a little Multi Medium Matte behind my sentiment where it overlapped my hexagons and used foam adhesive where it  meets the card base. I finished it all off with a few gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


Here's a close-up so you can see that beautiful gold shine on the card base. It actually looks even prettier in real life since you can't see the tiniest of the spray in the pictures. It adds some gorgeous shimmer!

I hope you love my card and it inspires you to join us in the challenge!

As an added bonus, I'm entering this into the Altenew monthly challenge for August. It's a super cute Flamingo inspiration and my bright pink flower is perfect for the image!





1 comment:

  1. Oh so fabulous! Love the way you have highlighted each die cut with an image and it's all so perfectly balanced, you have made me want to get out this beautiful flower and create!

    ReplyDelete