Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Make A Wish

Today's card was inspired by the Can You Case It? birthday card challenge!


I'm a sucker for cute little animals and MFT Stamps has had some real winners come out recently. I decided to combine some sets to create this cutie! I stamped each animal from three separate sets and cut them out with my Brother Scan N Cut 2. I colored them with my Copics after they were cut. I cut my film strip from some white cardstock and set everything to the side.

Next, I heat embossed my sentiment in white on a card panel. I used 3 separate colors of pink distress ink to blend my background in an ombre pattern. Because my sentiment was heat embossed, it resists the ink I sponged over the top! I adhered my animals into my film strip and then used foam tape to pop up the whole piece on my card panel. I added a sprinkling of sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and used some clear Wink of Stella to finish the whole thing off.


If you look closely, you can see the shimmer on the balloon, heart, and icing on the cake!

I'm also going to be adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge. Both are Anything Goes!

  



9 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael, I don't know where to begin. I love the ombre background, the animals are so stinkin' cute and you did a great job coloring. Awesome card!! Thank you for playing with us at CYCI this week. Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooooo cute! Love everything about it, especially those cute critter! Thanks for joining us at CYCI this week! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel...cute card...love this animals! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel this card is super cute! The sheep, pig, and bear are so sweet! This card is sure to make someone's birthday extra special. Thanks for playing along with us at Can You Case It! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just WAY too cute!! I love it so much!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... such a gorgeous card. I am echoing everyones comments - Love the ombre background and those little animals are just so cute. Thanks for playing along at CYCI this week - Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, Super, super cute card!! Love the layers and the 3 animals!! Love, love it!! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card you have made, love the scene you have created
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete