Thursday, June 30, 2016

Rainbows

This week's Can You Case It? asks us to use our favorite die. If you're like me, your favorite die changes on a daily basis! Well, today's favorite die is the Snow Drifts Cover Up from MFT Stamps, so I used it to create the base for my card.


I cut the die from some Ranger Watercolor Paper because it's a bright white and I wanted it to closely match the paper I used for my base (Neenah Solar White). I used an ink blending tool to ink up each separate piece in a different color to create my rainbow and then splattered some clean water on top to create the droplet effect. I used some Multi Medium Matte to adhere everything down onto my card base since it's watercolor paper and needs a little extra oomph to keep it down. I stamped my sentiment in Versamark on some black cardstock and heat embossed in white. Then I used a Fishtail Flag die to cut it out so it's nice and centered! I popped it up on the card with some foam tape for dimension and then added a sprinkling of Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to finish it off.

I'm also going to be entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

  



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rachel, the rainbow of colours is beautiful and I love the sentiment, perfect!

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! Love the sentiment! Love doing the droplets of water, the use of both dies! Lovely card! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Card Rachel. I love the simplicity but technical (at the same time!) of it. Great choice of die too! Thanks for playing along at CYCI this week. Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I love everything about your rainbow...from how you created it to the colors! So very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a beautiful card Rachel. I love the colours you have picked and adding the little water drops is a perfect touch. Great embossing too! Thanks for joining us at CYCI - Chlo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Rachel! So happy you joined us over at Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Rachel...I love that die cut and the water colors...Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete