Monday, May 9, 2016

The Challenge 72

It's a brand new week and with it comes a brand new challenge from The Challenge! This week is a color inspiration challenge. It's a fun one, so we hope that you'll be inspired and join us!


I used the floral arrangement from the photo for some inspiration as well as the colors and came up with this.


This card is actually a mix of stamping and copic coloring. The big blue flower is completely stamped using Altenew's beautiful Glacier Caves inks, but the other florals were colored with copics. I masked off the blue flower and then stamped some extra foliage so that it would cover the bottom left corner. I filled in the other flowers using the yellow and green and then added a light blue halo around the whole arrangement. I kept it simple with the sentiment and left off the sequins for this one. I thought I could use it for a sympathy card when I need one in the future.



2 comments:

  1. Ever so pretty, Rachel! Love your use of white space, and your color work is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Rachel, your flowers are so pretty and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete