Friday, November 6, 2015

You're Cool

Today's card was created specifically for a friend of mine. I'm trying to send out more Happy Mail and she came to mind because she's been having a rough time lately. I thought it might cheer her up to receive a random card!


I created a small shaker area inside of my snow globe and used Flower Soft in polar white as snow. It looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, it doesn't shake very well, but I don't think my friend will mind. I started the card by creating the penguin scene on a panel. I then cut another panel and cut out the globe so that it would reveal my scene. I used ink blending for the water and sky and copics to color the penguin and the ice float. The sentiment was simply heat embossed in silver. It's a simple card, but I think it's quite striking!

Supplies:
Stamps: Arctic Penguins, Believe in Magic, Jolly & Merry (Mama Elephant)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Believe in Magic (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Smoky Slate
Ink: Hippo (Lawn Fawn), Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon (Distress Ink), Versamark
Other: Flower Soft in Polar White, silver embossing powder, Acetate, masking paper

1 comment: