Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Busy Morning

I've had a super productive and busy morning! I put together some shelves, purged the contents of a closet, and created 2 new cards! Plus, I sent out my card that I made yesterday! Whew, I'm going to be sleepy tonight!

My first card for today is one that I created for this month's Paper Smooches Challenge. The challenge is to incorporate gold somewhere on the card. Easy-peasy!


I used the Bitty Bungalows set to stamp and color each house and then fussy cut around them. I created a mask with some masking paper and a circle die in order to sponge the green and blue onto my card base. I then adhered two of the houses directly to the card base and popped the center house up with some foam tape. I created my own gold paper with some Deco Art Metallic Lustre by sponging it onto a piece of white scrap paper. This stuff is awesome! I got it from Michael's with my 40% off coupon, so it was only around $4. It only takes a tiny amount to cover a paper and the shine is gorgeous! So much cheaper than buying gold paper! I did the same thing with some tiny hearts that I had lying around from a different project. I then heat embossed the sentiment onto the piece of gold paper and cut it down to size to fit the front of the card. It looks matte in the photo, but it's really shimmery IRL. I added glossy accents to the hearts above the house.


Supplies:
Stamps: Bitty Bungalows (Paper Smooches)
Dies: Circles (Stampin' Up) - for the mask
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Green Apple and Maliblue (Simon Says Stamp)
Other: Glossy Accents, white embossing powder, masking paper, Metallic Lustre in gold (Deco Art) 

My next card was created for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. The Wednesday Challenge was to create a Thanksgiving or Thanks card and the Flickr Challenge was Anything Goes.


I used the leaves from the Apple of My Pie set to create a loose wreath around where I was going to adhere the thanks die cut. I added glossy accents to the "thanks" after I had assembled the card. The mat underneath the panel? That's another piece of paper that I sponged with that gold lustre from Deco Art. I'm loving that stuff!

Supplies:
Stamps: Apple of My Pie (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Scripty Thanks (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Tangelo Twist, Crumb Cake, Hello Honey
Other: Glossy Accents, Gold Metallic Lustre (Deco Art)

5 comments:

  1. I am partial to wreaths, Rachel, especially at this time of year, and yours is a treasure! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are awesome!!! Love the coloring of the house and your wreath is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great! Love the masked houses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Visiting from the PS challenge blog. Your Bitty Bungalows card really caught my eye! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete