Saturday, July 11, 2015

Enjoy Life!

This will be my last post for a little over a week. My husband and I are going to be traveling back to the Midwest to visit our family and friends, so I'll be really far from my craft room! I'll still get my crafting fix in though (I'm bringing things to color!). I'll be back right after my birthday around the 19th or 20th. See you soon!

For today's card, I was playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. The challenge is to create a coffee or tea card. I love coffee and have several cute stamps, so I created a little scene.


I stamped each image separately and then colored them in with copics. They didn't look grounded enough, so I roughly sketched in a gray counter to go under them. The sentiment was borrowed from a My Favorite Things set called Donuts and Sprinkles. This is a really simple card, but since it's flat, it'll mail really well! I already have someone in mind to send it to!
Supplies:
Stamps: Cuppa Coffee, Coffee Town, Coffee Boss (Sweet Stamp Shop), Donuts and Sprinkles (MFT Stamps)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (SSS)
Paper: Whisper White, Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics, Versafine Black Onyx (sentiment)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great piece! I love how you combined the individual images to create one fabulous scene and the way you added in the countertop was so clever! I'm also extremely impressed with your Copic-coloring skills, which are top-notch! The images are so crisp and clean that I thought you'd printed them at first! Excellent job all the way around and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Enjoy your Midwest trip and keep those great projects coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on IG and I love it! Great coloring and great shadows. Everything set up on the counter nicely! Have a lovely day Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee and coffee related cards ~ This one is awesome!

    Jeannie T.
    My Current Blog Challenge - You're So Crafty!
    More Info Here:
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete