Friday, April 10, 2015

Colour Me Challenge #66

I'm currently making up a care package for my mom and I thought it would be fun to make some bookmarks for her and my dad. They're both serious bookworms and I love to give them little things occasionally to let them know I'm thinking about them. I'm sending mom the sympathy cards she requested this coming Monday and I'm just slipping in a few extras as a surprise!

When I saw the colors for the Colour Me Challenge, I just knew I wanted to use them for a bookmark.

Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight are such a pretty combination and they just happen to coincide with one of my mother's favorite color combos! Perfect!


I used the To Thine Own Shelf stamp set from Simon Says Stamp to create a cute little scene on the bookmark. (I actually laminated it after I took this picture. I didn't know if the lamination would screw up trying to get a good shot...) I just love how these colors look together!

After I finished with this one, I went a little crazy with the bookmarks and made a couple more to stuff in their package!




They were just too cute to resist! I'm going to have to make myself some now!

And here's a card just because it was sitting on my desk staring at me and I can't help sharing!


If you can't tell, I recently got some happy mail from Simon Says Stamp and I've been going a little crazy with it! This is the You Are Pawesome set. It comes with a really cute puppy and kitty and when you get the bundle, you get the die cuts for the animals and the pawesome word die I used. They're just so sweet and I couldn't resist coloring one in! (Even though I'm still waiting for my copics to come in! Amazon says they should be here today...we'll see...)

Supplies:
Stamps: To Thine Own Shelf (SSS), You Are Pawesome (SSS)
Dies: You Are Pawesome (SSS), Pinked Circles (Paper Smooches)
Punch: Tag Topper (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Night of Navy, Pistachio Pudding, Pacific Point, Real Red, Gumball Green, Smoky Slate, Basic Black
Other: Assorted Baker's Twine, Assorted Blendabilities

4 comments:

  1. What fun little bookmarks and perfect gifts for any bookworm! I bet these were a ton of fun to create! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABulous collection ;) Wonderful stamp set! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit with us and share your talent this week at Colour Me...! Sure hope we will see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these tags are so cute, I've been eyeballing this set for a while, I think I might have to break down and get it, lol. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret getting the set! I use it all the time now! It's perfect to make your own designer paper or tags for gifts. I weighed whether to get it for a really long time, but I'm so glad I gave in!

      Delete