Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mother's Day Part 2

I found this card by Kristina Werner and I just knew that I had to recreate it. I simply love it and I can't describe how much it pulls on my heartstrings!


The only things I really changed about her card were the dimensions (I just wanted a standard card for easier mailing) and the watercoloring. I really don't have a great set of watercolors for fine details, so I simply sponged the background and then colored the bears with the now defunct Blendabilities. (I've ordered my first set of Copic markers and I'm positively bursting to play with them when they get here later in the week!) This sentiment is just precious and I can't put the set away. The bears are so sweet and the sentiments they include in the set are so easy to mix and match! (They're from Mama Elephant in case you're as in love with them as I am!)

After this card, I sat down and played with the images for a while Then I thought, how about a shaker card? I've never made one before and it seemed like it would be fun to try!


The images in the shaker window were heat embossed with silver embossing powder and the sky background was sponged with Midnight Muse and Blackberry Bliss. I used some Simon Says Stamp Moonshine sequins of varying sizes and some Martha Stewart star glitter for the bits in the shaker.


Now that I've put this one together, I can't decide which one I want to send to Mom! They're both just so cute! Good thing I still have plenty of time before Mother's Day to create and play some more!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bear Hugs (Mama Elephant) and Lucky Stars (WPlus9) for the background
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Basic Grey, Blackberry Bliss, Midnight Muse, Versamark
Tools: Blendabilities (Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, and Skin Tone pack), Mini Hearts Die set (Simon Says Stamp), Repeated Hearts Stencil (SSS), White gel pen, Texture paste (Ranger)
Embellishments: Moonshine Sequins (SSS), Shimmer Irresistible Pico Embellisher

No comments:

Post a Comment