Saturday, February 14, 2015

Four Feathers

Sometimes I like to sit down with a stamp set and make multiple cards featuring just those images. I try to think of at least 3 different cards I would make with a set before ordering it. (It's my way of justifying a purchase!) I don't like to buy a set and then use it once and put it away, so sitting down and making multiple cards at once makes me feel better about splurging on a set.

Now, I've actually made a bunch of cards with Four Feathers recently, I just didn't take any pictures. I was making cards with a specific purpose in mind and then I sent them as soon as they were made. I felt kind of bad about not posting anything, so I made a couple more "all purpose" kind of cards that I can keep in my stash so I could post something today!


First up is this beautiful card in Blackberry Bliss (probably my all time favorite color!). Incredibly simple, but packs a punch. Smoky Slate for the feathers, Blackberry for the sentiment, and topped off with a little woodgrain embossing, a ribbon, and some rhinestones. Easy-peasy.


Next, I wanted to create a card with some "masculine" colors, just in case. I used Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip, and Smoky Slate for these feathers. A quick stamp and some layering was all that was needed!

I just LOVE this set. It's so versatile and I work it into all sorts of cards. Definitely going to stay in my permanent rotation!

Stamps: Four Feathers, A Dozen Thoughts, Painted Petals
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Smoky Slate, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy
Paper: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip
Other: Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment