Sunday, November 5, 2017

Cards for Jacob

Hey, everyone! I'm back again today with a new card, but this one's a little different. I created this for a little boy in the hospital battling cancer. They believe that this will be his last Christmas (in fact, they're celebrating early because it's not looking so good) and all he wants is cards. His name is Jacob Thompson and I read that his favorite animal is a penguin, so I created this one for him.


I thought it would be fun to put this little penguin and his snow-penguin into a snow-globe. I hope this brings a smile to his face.

I created this using the Ready, Set, Snow set and Die add-ons from Lawn Fawn along with their Snow Cool stamp set. I used the stamps and dies to stamp and cut out my snow-globe pieces and then used my copics to assemble it all. Instead of using sequins or beads for the inside of my shaker, I used a product I've had in my stash for a while and now can't find in stock in any store. It's called Flower Soft and it's this substance that looks incredibly like snow. I think it adds the perfect touch to the card.

I cut and folded a gray card base and then cut a panel using a Stitched Rectangle die. I actually used a falling snow stencil and my Versamark ink to add some glittery heat embossing to the background, but it doesn't show up in pictures. It's very subtle and just adds a little shine and texture in real life. I adhered my snow-globe in the center of the panel and it was all done.

If you'd like to send a card to Jacob, you can send it to:

Jacob Thompson
c/o Maine Medical Center
22 Bramhall St.
Portland, ME 04102


Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment