Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Out of This World

I'm beginning to get my stuff together and start making cards for upcoming events and that includes Father's Day. Today, I sat down and created a card for my husband's dad. (I have an idea for my dad, but I don't post his things since he stalks my blog and social media... :P)


I hadn't tried to make a galaxy background yet, so I decided today would be a good day to try something new! I used distress inks and an ink blending tool to create the swirly background. I tried using black on a trashed piece and it just looked way too dark for my taste, so I stuck to blues and purples. I'm kind of in love with it! After I randomly blended my inks into it, I splattered it with water and blotted it away to create the starry look.

I set that aside and then stamped each of my images on some white cardstock. I used my Copics to color them all in and then cut them out with my Brother Scan N Cut 2. I arranged them approximately where I wanted them on the card front and then used two separate Clearly Besotted sets to piece together my sentiment. I used the "you're" from Cool Dude and the "out of this world" from the set of the same name. I just used some post it tape to mask off the pieces of the sentiments that I didn't want to use when I inked them up and then removed the tape before stamping. Simple way to selectively stamp and not have to cut my stamps apart. (I sometimes do cut my stamps, but these sentiments were just too close together to get in there with my scissors.) I used Versamark ink so I could heat emboss the sentiment in white.

I finished it off by adhering my blended panel to a card base with some double sided tape and then adhered my images with foam tape for dimension.

I hope he likes it!



No comments:

Post a Comment