Sunday, October 16, 2016

Tic Tac Toe Challenge 20

There's a brand new challenge up from the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge and it's super fun! We hope you'll join us!


I chose the right column - Metallics, Monogrammed, and Smooshing Technique.


I kept it simple and heat embossed my monogram in silver onto some Ranger Watercolor Paper. I also heat embossed some little floral images to give it a little added interest. Then I took a spare piece of acetate and my distress inks and smooshed the ink from a palette onto my paper using the acetate. I kept building the color around my monogram until it was the depth that I wanted. I used a small paint brush to add splatters of my paint and a few water drops to bleach away color from other spots. I prepped a white card base and then used Versamark ink around the edges to heat emboss some more silver. I adhered my panel to my card base using some Be Creative double-sided tape because it's super strong and helps keep the watercolor paper adhered even though there was a little bit of warping.



2 comments:

  1. This came out beautiful!! I wanted to do the monogram row but just could not get the card to look right so I had to bag it. I love the embossed silver with the blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous card Rachel ! I love this combo colors, the perfect one for the coming season ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete