Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Challenge 82

Hello! Happy Saturday, everyone! I have a brand new inspiration piece for this week's photo inspiration at The Challenge.


For my card, I took inspiration from the colors and the images on the pillows.


It's a little hard to capture in a photo, but I heat embossed some coral and a sea horse in white on my panel and then sponged green and blue ink over the top to make them stand out. It's much easier to see IRL. For my base, I cut and folded a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and then heat embossed the balloon strings background in white to create some waves. The stamp kinda smooshed a little on the left, but I think it added to the stitched texture I was trying to create to imitate the pillows, so I left it the way it was instead of restamping. I added my panel to my base with some foam tape and then stamped my label sentiment in Dusk to get the color I wanted and then stamped over it in Versamark so I could heat emboss in clear. I love adding that little bit of shine and texture to a label stamp. I also added the label with some foam tape and then added a sprinkling of Sparkling Clear sequins across the card to finish it up.



3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful take of the inspiration photo Rachel ! I love the soft colors and the delicacy of the whole design ! Works so well with the soft and waved background ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Rachel, I love the wave background and the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!! Thank you for sharing! The best part is that I own 2 out of 3 of the stamps you used! Yay! Hope to make a version of this down the line.

    ReplyDelete