Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Challenge 81

Happy Saturday, everyone! There's a brand new challenge up from The Challenge design team and it's a beautiful color combination!


This photo is just gorgeous and I took my inspiration directly from those beautiful flowers.


Clearly Besotted recently released this gorgeous English Roses stamp set which layers color to create amazing dimension on the flowers. I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it! I used the set to create this 3 beautiful flower sand their leaves. I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut them out because I'm such a lazy person when it comes to fussy cutting. I set those pieces aside and then started on my main card base. I created an A2 card base out of white cardstock and then cut a panel using a Stitched Rectangle die. I put that back in my Big Shot and cut another piece out of it using a Stitched Oval die. Using my MISTI and it's magnets. I placed the panel over my card base to figure out where to stamp my sentiment. I removed the panel and then stamped my sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. When it was cool, I adhered my panel over the card base using some foam tape. I adhered my roses over the bottom of the oval cut out using foam tape where it overlapped the missing piece and multi medium matte where it met the actual panel. To finish off the whole thing, I added a small sprinkling of Gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I just love the elegant look I ended up with!




1 comment:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Rachel, I love your pretty flowers and the CAS layout.

    ReplyDelete