Saturday, July 9, 2016

Happy Place

I'm loving super summery cards right now and this one definitely fits in that category. I used the inspiration photo for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge along with the Summer Challenge from Paper Smooches to come up with this one.


I started with a piece of watercolor cardstock and blended my colors using a blending tool. I just used one brown, but varied the pressure I used to create a lightening effect. I did use two separate shades of blue for my ocean. When each side was inked (I made sure to leave a tiny line between the colors), I used some White Gesso (which I'd received in a card kit and never used!) with some water and a round paint brush to create the froth from the surf.

I stamped my images on some white cardstock and used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut them out. I colored them with my Copics and added some Clear Wink of Stella to the umbrella, flower, and fruit for some subtle shine. I played with the arrangement of the images and sentiment a little bit before I settled on the positioning. I was going to put the sentiment in the ocean, but I didn't feel like your eye really flowed through the piece that way. I settled on positioning the sentiment beside my images and used my MISTI to get my stamping straight. I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white. I finished it off by adding my images with a little bit of foam tape for some dimension.

   



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rachel, this totally sums up summer! PERFECT :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one ammmmmmmmmmmmmazing card, Rachel! I love your shading for the sand and water- wowza! I love this x1000000000! It's perfect for Summer! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us for the PS challenge- hope you link again soon <3

    ReplyDelete