Monday, April 25, 2016

The Challenge 70

Welcome to the final challenge in the month of April for The Challenge! It's the fourth week, which means we have a masculine inspiration photo for you today!


At first, I was stumped. I really don't have any stamps that I felt would fit this image. Then I just relaxed and let my brain go on its weird twisty way. Instead of going with a plane theme or even a vehicle theme, I just focused on the chrome! Chrome...machines. Machines...robots! That's where my brain finally settled!


These little robots from Clearly Besotted just seemed perfect to me. I used my Misti to line them all up and then stamped them all at once! Super easy. I kept to the picture and left everything in shades of gray with no pops of color. I wanted to focus on that machinery feeling. I love these little guys! I think this will make a fantastic birthday card for my nephew's upcoming birthday. I'm sure it'll make him smile! I added tiny hints of clear Wink of Stella on a few of the parts (balloon, antennas, the kitty's ears) to give it a little subtle shine, but left it fairly neutral. I just can't resist a little shimmer though!



2 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is so FUN! I just love your take on the photo! Your little robots are too cute! Such a great card! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your adorable little robots, and that sentiment is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete