Monday, March 28, 2016

The Challenge 66

It's a new week, so that means another new challenge over at The Challenge blog! Since it's the fourth week, it's a masculine inspiration week!


I decided to completely immerse myself in the nautical theme this week and create a fun retirement card.


I started out by stamping an ombre wave piece by repeat stamping with a single image in three different ink colors. I trimmed down the piece and then fussy cut the top edge to keep the wavy feeling. I stamped and cut the ship image as well as the moon (I used silver embossing powder for a fun texture and look). I arranged my pieces where I wanted them on the card and then used my Misti to stamp the sentiment in Versamark and heat set it with white embossing powder. Then I was able to adhere all of my pieces (yes, I know the wave panel is a little wonky, but I wasn't going to start over!). The wave panel and the ship are adhered with foam tape, but the moon is was adhered directly to the base.



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Rachel, I love the scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FANTASTIC, Rachel!! The ship looks amazing against the moon and night sky, and I love the sentiment and waves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous ocean scene, Rachel ... love the sense of depth you created with those cool waves and the ship set against the shining moon! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, this is amazing! I love the ombre waves and the scene you created! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! your waves highlight your stunning card perfectly! Fabulous color combo!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those waves are AMAZING! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a striking, nighttime scene, Rachel! Really love your gradient waves and that fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a retirement card! Love the ombre waves.

    ReplyDelete