Monday, March 14, 2016

The Challenge 64

Hello! We have a brand new challenge up for you over at The Challenge blog and we hope you'll play along with us!


This week is a fun color challenge. I love these beautiful colors together!


I just received an order from My Favorite Things and I couldn't wait to ink up these cute little bunnies! I decided that their uniforms needed to be Navy and they should be a sweet light gray. That leaves the blue and the lime for the background colors. Perfect for a sky and grassy hillside! The only other color I added was the brass color for the instruments and accents on their uniforms. (I hope that counts as a neutral!)

I started by coloring up my bunnies with copics and then using my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut them out (so much nicer than using dies for everything!). Then I die cut all my pieces from white cardstock. I used an ink blending tool to blend on my green and blue inks to create the background pieces. I laid everything out where I wanted it and then decided where to place my sentiment. My Misti made stamping super easy! I then went in and used foam tape to adhere the frame grass, and bunnies where I wanted them on top of my sky and hillside piece. It took a little work, but I think it turned out great!




7 comments:

  1. With your amazing colouring skills, ANY colours together would look wonderful! But I agree ... these blue & green hues look great together! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Too cute!! Love your coloring! These scene is too sweet!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore this card, Rachel, those mice are too cute and your card is making me regret not buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, this is so FUN! I love those little mice marching in the band! Such a great sentiment, too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That marching bunny band is just so cute, Rachel ... what an adorable scene ... and such awesome colouring! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun party card, Rachel! Fabulous coloring and love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card Rachel and such a fun scene.

    ReplyDelete