Friday, December 11, 2015

Joy To You

I decided to challenge myself to create a Christmas card using pastels. When I'm coloring, I tend to grab bright or dark colors and never try to do anything light and airy. This is what I came up with!



I have to say I love it! However, I realized that my Copic collection doesn't contain many light colors! I guess I may have to add to my wishlist for future purchases... (Hubby is going to kill me. The wishlist keeps growing!) This is the first project I've created with my new Brother Scan 'n' Cut 2 and I love that machine! Holy cow! I'm not going to have to purchase any more matching dies and that will definitely help the craft budget! If you haven't seen this machine, look into it. It's pricey, but the investment is definitely worth it to me. Especially if you find yourself buying a lot of matching dies for stamped images!

On to how this was made...

I used all Mama Elephant products for this card. I cut the mountains with the Snow-capped Mountains die and the snow banks with the Landscape Trio Dies. (Alas, the Scan 'N' Cut won't do that type of thing for me...at least that I know of!) I blended ink into the base of the card to create the sky and then blended more ink into the die cut mountains before attaching the snow caps. The sentiment is heat embossed on a tag cut with the Mini Tag dies and placed on top of another tag cut from vellum. The images were stamped and cut with my new machine and then colored with Copics.

Supplies:
Stamps: Christmas Spirit, Mini Messages (Mama Elephant)
Dies: Snow-Capped Mountains, Landscape Trio, Mini Tags (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Ink: For ink-blending - Winter, Rainwater, Sweet Lilac (Mama Elephant), Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Other: Gold thread, Gold embossing powder, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

1 comment:

  1. I've been going back through your blog and noticed that you use the Scan N Cut for a lot of your stamped images. If as you said, with this machine you no longer have to buy the matching dies to the stamps, in the long run, the machine will pay for itself! Is it easy to use?

    Thanks for all the inspiration Rachel, love your work!

    ReplyDelete