Friday, November 20, 2015

Warm My Heart

Today's card was inspired by the photo for The Challenge. And also because I just plain love hot cocoa!


I'm simply loving these cocoa cup dies! You can use them as coffee or tea or just stick to the cocoa theme! For this card, I cut the cups with the dies and then sponged some matching ink around the edges for dimension. I used clear Wink of Stella on the liquid so it has a subtle shimmer and looks more realistic. I colored the "steam" with W1 and W3 copic markers to make it more realistic and then attached some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. The snowflakes are from the Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes dies. The background stamp is the Falling Hearts stamp from Simon Says Stamp. All together, I just love this!

Along with entering this Card into The Challenge #51, I'm also going to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. This week the design team created Christmas cards using MFT products, so I feel like this fits right in!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hug In a Mug (My Favorite Things), Falling Hearts Background (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Hot Cocoa Cups (My Favorite Things), Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Mini Snowflakes (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Chocolate Chip, Baked Brown Sugar, Lost Lagoon
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Lost Lagoon, Copics - W1, W3
Other: Clear Wink of Stella, Sparkling Clear Sequins 4mm, 6mm (Pretty Pink Posh)

4 comments:

  1. Cute as can be, Rachel! I just love the little bits of steam and your addition of the sequins; so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bit of sparkle you added to the mug die cuts! The steam looks fabulous, too. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love LOVE love this sweet card!! Yummy goodness!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge, hope that you are able to join us again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet and a perfect take on the inspiration image :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete