Saturday, November 21, 2015

Congratulations!

One of my friends recently had her wedding and I didn't have her new address until a few days ago, so today I sat down and created a card to send her.


I broke out a former Simon Says Stamp card kit for this one. I love that big, scripty Congratulations stamp; it's just gorgeous! One of the papers was this beautiful, gold foiled cream piece and I thought it looked like confetti. I simply stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and then gold heat embossed it to match the paper. I stamped my small sentiment on some vellum along with the stitched banner piece and then fussy cut it out, leaving enough of a tail to wrap around the the card so I could hide my adhesive on the back! I will admit, I did a little selective stamping to create that banner. It took a little trial and error and it's still not perfect, but I don't think they'll mind. I finished it off by adding a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins around the card to create a fuller confetti look.

I know some people won't like this card simply because it was made for two women, but I love my friends and they deserve a beautiful handmade card for their special day. One day, I hope that it won't feel like a political statement when I'm making something for someone I love.

I love the sentiment I used for the inside of the card. I gold heat embossed the inside as well to keep the card cohesive throughout.


I'm entering this card into the CAS-ology challenge this week. Their prompt for this week is "pretty" and regardless of your political views, I think this card is gorgeous.


Supplies:
Stamps: Congratulations (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Pattern paper from the kit (I think it was June)
Ink: Versamark
Other: Gold embossing powder, 4mm and 6mm gold sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

No comments:

Post a Comment