Thursday, July 9, 2015

So Jelly!

I'm playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge today. The challenge is to add some sparkle and shine to your project and I love, love, love adding sequins to most projects. Here's what I came up with this time!


 I created a watercolor background using distress inks and then splotched some water over the top of the panel and pulled it away with a paper towel to get those lighter marks that look like bubbles. I cut a frame from Baked Brown Sugar cardstock to make it look like you're looking into a large Aquarium. I stamped each image and then colored them with copics. I added some Clear Wink of Stella to my starfish, but the photo doesn't pick up the shimmer. I finished off my card with a heat embossed sentiment on some vellum that was attached to the back of the frame. I popped the frame up off the card with some dimensional adhesive and then attached some translucent sequins.

Supplies:
Stamps: So Jelly (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: So Jelly (Lawn Fawn), Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord (Distress Ink)
Paper: Strathmore Watercolor, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Vellum
Other: White embossing powder, Sparkling Clear, Lavender Moon, and Peridot Mist Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Wink of Stella

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! This is really adorable! I love the beautiful background, and the sequins are just perfectly placed.

    Jeannie T.
    My Current Blog Challenge - Kiss the Cook
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is stunning! So colorful, love it!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO adorable!! i just LOVE this underwater scene!! the sequins add such a subtle and shiny touch!! love it!! and i'll never never never get tired of seeing those jelly fish and starfish!! they're so adorable!! <3 beautiful card!!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete