Friday, May 2, 2014

Low Key Kind of Day

I'm having a slightly more low key day than I typically have today. I sat down and made a couple of cards, but I just really wasn't feeling all that creative for some reason, so I made a simple sympathy card:


My grandfather passed away about a month ago and I was really thinking about him today. I usually pose my cards with some of his wood turnings whenever I take photos, so I guess it was only natural. This card made me think of him. (Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, sentiment from Stampabilities)

Then I decided to recreate a card that I found on Pinterest and just loved. I love the use of negative space. I changed a few elements, however.

 
I used the Martha Stewart butterfly double punch to create the negative space for my card and then embossed the panel with the swiss dots folder by Cuttlebug. I backed the panel with one of my many scraps of paper. I used the butterfly punch again on the same paper to create the middle butterfly that I added with dimensional foam to give it some pop. Then I stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkadoo's Greetings collection.and used an EK Success frame punch to give the ends some interest. I used the same punch on a coordinating piece of pink paper to create a framed effect. Last but not least, I added some rhinestones and some pearls to my butterflies or added interest. I like how it turned out. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining blog land! Love your simplicity! Swiss dots EF is classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find I keep going back to Swiss dots constantly even though I have a ton of other folders. It's just so cute!

      Delete